The Foodie Files

Friday, September 08, 2006

Ok, let's give this a shot. Welcome!

Greetings, and welcome to The Foodie Files. Please bear with me as I start this out, as I don't really understand this site yet. I am not exactly sure what I am going to say yet either, I guess I have to find my "blogger voice." :)

Basically, I have become a big fan of baking/food blogs, so I am going to feature a lot of recipes in addition to files on the DC restaurant scene, with which I am currently obsessed. I have been baking for a few years now, but I have hardly ever cooked, so you can watch me attempt to become aquainted with the "real-food-you're-allowed-to-eat-for-dinner" end of the edible spectrum.

But not today with the whole real food thing. I want to kick us off with a sweet recipe I made earlier this summer, Polly's Perfect Blueberry Pie.



Beautiful, isn't it? And tasty too. It had a very good flavor, though since the blueberries were quite sweet, a 3/4 cup of sugar really wasn't neccessary (it should proabably be cut to under 1/2 cup.) The recipe says to mix all of the ingredients for the crust within the baking pan, which was quite an easy method. The crust is also used for the crumble topping.

Was this a perfect pie? Well no, not exactly. The filling was very liquidy and runny, and it was impossible to actually cut slices of the pie. Therefore, it was actually served as "blueberry cobbler" and scooped out of the pan. The bottom crust hardly saw any action. Ahh well. A thumbs up for flavor and appearence, a thumbs down for form. But it made a delightful cobbler.

1 Comments:

  • Welcome to the mix, Laura! And best of luck getting up and running. Nice photos by the way.

    - Metrocurean

    By Blogger Amanda, at 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home