The Foodie Files

Friday, October 20, 2006

Overnight Caramel French Toast


I love caramel. I love French Toast. I love sweet things in the morning. Sweet things from Cooking Light magazine? I love those A LOT.

The caramel on the bottom gives these a really nice crispy crust, which, sadly, becomes softer on the leftovers. The caramel bottom isn't made the "real"/gourmet way -- it uses corn syrup, brown sugar, and butter -- and therefore it doesn't taste quite as good as the real home spun stuff. However, the recipe does get the point accross-- and the point is caramel for breakfast, in case you missed it. Overall, this is an unusual and fun treat, and if it sounds like something you might enjoy, I say go for it.

My changes: I used challah and added the cinnamon before putting it in the fridge overnight. It wasn't difficult: the hardest part was getting up 50 minutes earlier to bake it in the morning!



Overnight Caramel French Toast from Cooking Light

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home